Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Baby's Intuition?

Last week let's just say I was having a rough one! Between my recent weight gain, new bra size and the realization that I really can't do a lot of my favorite things (like take my awesome yoga class or enjoy a cocktail on a beautiful summer Thursday) I had what some may call a mini-breakdown :-) I just was hit hard with the fact that my body no longer belongs to me and now my main purpose is to make babies which is kind of a weird concept. Plus at this point I wasn't feeling the baby and hadn't had a doctor's appointment in a while so I didn't have any recent reminders of this miracle. Well, I have heard of mother's intuition but never a word about baby's intuition and I have to say that it too exists. After sobbing in my dear husband's arms for about 30 minutes all the while blurting out the words "I feel so big. I am so disgusting" I finally calmed down and guess what happened? I felt my little girl for the very first time! I had literally sent an email to Cristina asking her to pray that I would feel her because I was totally losing it and it happened! My sweet girl came and saved her crazy mother in utero. Pretty amazing! Now I feel her all the time and my excitement is beyond words. We talk all day long (to the point where Jeff may be starting to feel left out and people on the bus think I am crazy), I can rub my belly and coax her into kicking, I like to wake her up when I get up and I am truly obsessed with my daughter. Today we have a sonogram and I am SO EXCITED to see her little face!!!! She is just the best thing in life (already) and I am back to enjoying this special time with her in my belly.

No comments: