Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh What A Month...

The month of August hasn't exactly been ideal for me. On top of getting much bigger and feeling even more hormonal than usual, things have not gone smoothly. Earlier in the month my husband had a sales conference in Chicago for 4 days and his absence left me in a serious depression :-( He used to travel a nice amount and I had become somewhat used to it but he hasn't had to in a while and this was his first trip since the pregnancy. Let's just say I didn't take it well...at all. Not only was I convinced he was going to die in a plane crash but I truly missed him being with me. This combination of fear and loneliness stemmed long, continuous bouts of sobbing. Jeff is my favorite person on this earth (baby in belly excluded) and I just don't seem to work without him. Thankfully he came home safe and sound but just as I was coming out of my funk I had a little fall, literally.

My pregnancy so far has been wonderful and I feel lucky that it has gone this great but feeling so good has messed up my head in that I think I am normal but clearly am not. During my commute home from work I took a tumble on 57th Street and 5th Avenue. It was pouring out and I was carrying my normal two bags plus two bags of groceries and I may have put a little pep in my step upon seeing my bus pull up (I can't help it!). I spilled right there in front of Tiffany's, umbrella went flying, bags and groceries scattered and again more sobbing. About 10 people helped me up and I rushed to Bergdorf's to find my mom who I missed by minutes. Her poor coworker Alisa got stuck with me for about 20 minutes and finally her and the lovely doorman James put me in a cab. Physically my knees took the brunt of the fall and are still pretty bruised up but mentally I don't think I will ever fully recover. We have not had any scares these past 27 weeks (thank god)and this frightened me to no end and has taught me to slow down. My sister told me how she fell with her second child Jack and said that it would be fine but to make sure that I felt the baby soon. As soon as she said this, I hung up the phone and started talking to my baby girl and just like always she responded instantly. Instances like that make me believe that she will hopefully be nothing like the big mush I am in that she always seems to step up when I need her most.

I just love that little girl and am so anxious to meet her although we definitely need more time to get settled which brings me to my next point, do not move while pregnant! As I have stated before, our actual move went great but getting our apartment in order is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would and we haven't even begun the nursery. I know, I know, things don't have to be perfect but I do want to have as much done before her arrival so that I am comfortable when she gets here. Finally this week the apartment is starting to come together and luckily for us we are headed to the Hamptons for Labor Day weekend so August will hopefully end on a high note.

No comments: